Monday, November 16, 2009

Co-Writing Adventure!

So last week I talked about co-writing projects (writing a story with another writer-switching off with every paragraph) and stated that I was interested in giving it a shot. Well, I did and let me tell you it was fun! After 2 chapters my friend and I are adding another writer who should be introducing her character in chapter 3. All in all it's fun.

It may prove to be a fun exercise to hone your writing skills. You never know what your partner will throw at you, but it also helps if you have similar writing styles and an interest in the same genre you are working with.

All you have to do is write a paragraph or so and then your partner writes another and so on. See where your imaginations paired together take you. And don't worry if you don't like where the story is going, you can always throw in a random evil twin or something and take the story in a new direction. It'll broaden your horizons. :]

No comments: