Sunday, December 20, 2009

Writer's Block-Talk to Your Characters

So I was talking with an author friend, Nazarea Andrews, and she gave me a great idea for getting to know my characters. I'm in a bit of a writer's block rut at the moment.

So I sat down with one of my characters and took her to lunch. She was soooo mad at me. She knew what I had planned for her and she wasn't happy about it. She tried to dodge every question and plea for help with the story until finally I got pissed at her and told her what I had planned was for the better. After she struggled I promised she would mature, unfortunately she took it as an insult. And her love interest well...let's just say he now thinks he's a killer. Great right? Well at least now I've got some ideas.

May be something fun to try :]

No comments: